Robbi Perna - Analyst, Author, and Artist
RSS

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

A Pony for Christmas
Animal Companions
Ballroom decorations for the Royal Wedding
Last preview installment for "Where the Lion Dwells"
We continue the preview of "Where the Lion Dwells"

Categories

Interviews with other authors
Story Previews
The stories behind the stories
What's New in Robbi's World
powered by

Stories That Sweep You Away

We continue the preview of "Where the Lion Dwells"

Two weeks ago, Joanna returned from a dinner engagement with Mick Riliuni who gave her an update on her favorite student's medical condition.  She found the student's arrogant uncle waiting for her in the barn when she returned.

* * * *
            Joanna pushed open the stall door to check the automatic watering system. She glanced over her shoulder at her visitor. “The Prince will not take kindly to the information that Shahin won’t return to the Institute.”
            The Middle Eastern doctor shrugged his shoulders with a dismissive movement that indicated he believed her comment not worthy of note. “I will meet with Prince Talib in the morning before his classes begin. Like royal princes the world over, he is spoiled and accustomed to getting his own way.”
            Joanna kept her expression neutral with difficulty as she shot him a wide-eyed stare. Spoiled and accustomed to getting one’s own way aren’t qualities limited to royal princes, my fine friend. I could say the same for you.
            “His affection for his cousin is genuine and he will see the necessity, I assure you.”
            “Yes, I can imagine you will guarantee he will. Well, Tuscan is set for the night, so my work here is done.” She gave him a wintry smile. “May I offer you a cup of tea or coffee before you leave?”
            “Thank you, but no. I won’t trouble you further. As soon as I have more details, I will inform you.” He nodded his covered head in her direction and indicated she should precede him from the stable.
            “Perhaps Doctor Riliuni as Shahin’s attending physician would take over —”
            “Sayyida, I will keep you informed.” No one could mistake his emphasis on the personal pronoun in either language. “We do not want the good doctor distracted from his duties, and forgive me for again stating the obvious, but you are a distraction.”
            Joanna bristled at his words. “I assure you, Doctor al-Najid, I have no intention of providing a distraction. Tonight, that is, I’m sure tonight is an example of your promise to allay my concerns.”
            “Yes, I will be your informant. And now I will bid you a restful night’s repose.” He bowed once again in her direction, turned on his heel, and disappeared into the darkness. (Preview concludes next week.)
* * * *
    Can't wait to find out what happens?  Download the electronic version or purchase a print copy from Amazon, Barnes&Noble, and other online retailers.

16 Comments to We continue the preview of "Where the Lion Dwells":

Comments RSS
best dissertation writing service on Thursday, April 26, 2018 1:16 PM
Crusader series are always enjoyable.I liked this post.Guys which is the best site for nursing writing services by the way?Thanks for sharing this post.

best dissertation help on Saturday, November 30, 2019 12:33 PM
I have read so many romance or family novels I cannot think of "Stories That Sweep You Away." But the one author that I remember made me cry while reading her book was Danielle Steele. It more of a family novel with a little bit of romance sprinkled in, but I remember it because that was probably the first time I cried while reading a novel. The story resonated with me and somehow feel the loss of that one character in the story. I have stopped reading Danielle Steele because I have outgrown it. I am into more mature fiction stories now.

Read More on Friday, April 27, 2018 5:21 PM
Like Good Information.

dissertation help on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 6:09 AM
Writing a masters dissertation is a very organized task which involves a lot of planning, analysis and obviously research. If you are doing a PhD or similar research doctorate, you must already experience a great agreement about your dissertation topic.
Reply to comment

how to see remembered passwords in microsoft edge on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 6:47 AM
You can see the username and password in the setting of microsoft edge to click on menu bar.

Sharlu on Friday, September 21, 2018 2:20 AM

courier dtdc tracking on Monday, September 24, 2018 1:31 AM
This is the best option to track our courier on here.

imgrum on Monday, May 13, 2019 2:45 AM
Thank you for sharing the nice article! I'm glad to hear the news.

v on Tuesday, May 21, 2019 7:01 AM
v

CPQ-211 exam dumps on Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:46 AM
Certsout.com provides authentic IT Certification exams preparation material guaranteed to make you pass in the first attempt. Download instant free demo & begin preparation.

bestessay review on Sunday, May 26, 2019 10:48 AM
Books teach us life and how society works. We cannot live without books so it is important for us to have a truthful knowledge about this book entitled Where the Lion Dwells. It is a perfect book that will be a great pathway through our creative imagination. It will lead us to a different world that we truly desire. So why not try this? A book that will awaken our minds. This is a great chance to escape from reality.

https://oneworldrental.ae/hire-monitors on Thursday, July 11, 2019 11:44 PM
One World Rental in Dubai specialises in supplying event technology for corporate events and business meetings. Our iPad Rental packages are often a popular choice for all delegates that are setting up conferences, live seminars, workshops, digital presentations and annual general meetings in well-known venues located across Doha, DWTC, Jeddah, ADNEC, Qatar, Bahrain, Dammam & UAE.

s on Wednesday, November 27, 2019 7:32 AM

iPadRental on Monday, December 16, 2019 1:57 AM
Crusader series are always enjoyable.I liked this post.ipad rental

iPadRental on Monday, December 16, 2019 1:58 AM
Crusader series are always enjoyable.I liked this post.ipad rental

how to get free avacoins on Wednesday, December 18, 2019 3:02 AM
The best way to get unlimited coins in the game is to use the Avakin Life Hack Tool.