Robbi Perna - Author and Lecturer
RSS

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

A Pony for Christmas
Animal Companions
Ballroom decorations for the Royal Wedding
Last preview installment for "Where the Lion Dwells"
We continue the preview of "Where the Lion Dwells"

Categories

Interviews with other authors
Story Previews
The stories behind the stories
What's New in Robbi's World
powered by

Stories That Sweep You Away

The Roman Phalera Print Version

My apologies to you all for my absence, but I've been tied up with family affairs for the last two months and only now have the opportunity to resume some sense of normality.  While I was away, Muse It Up Publishing released the print version of "The Roman Phalera."  It's gorgeous cover by C.K. Volnek is only a hint of the rich story the book contains.

The Roman Phalera is the story I started writing fiction to tell. As an author, the first question at least one person in a group will always ask is, “where do you get your ideas.”  For me, answering that question is easier than writing the blurb for the story after it’s finished.  My stock answer is all my stories start with the basic premise “what if” and I build on whatever the answer is to the question.  In the case of “The Roman Phalera,” the idea for the setting of the story grew out of a conversation with an Army colleague.  We were chatting over lunch one day and she remarked that with my love of houses, I should write a story about one in which everyone who visits it has a different experience.  The idea grew abetted by my desire to work through the grief over the loss of one of my brothers.  While Paul and I were not twins, we were as close as a brother and sister born four years apart could be.  The idea of a house where one twin would have a shared experience with his lost twin and find peace and a level of acceptance held an irresistible appeal for me.  Since my educational background is the art and architecture of ancient Rome, the choice of the Divine Twins’ appearance at the battle of Lake Regillus in the fifth century before the Common Era was a logical choice for the twins’ shared experience.

The actual writing of the story was not smooth sailing.  I found composing the funeral scene very difficult on both an emotional and a humorous level.  The emotional one was of course because it brought my brother’s back as fresh as if it were last week instead of ten years ago.  On the humorous side, I found it difficult to keyboard through tears while attempting to reassure the dog that nothing was amiss.  He couldn’t get it through his little doggy brain that there wasn’t a lot he could do to stem the flow.  The other problem stemmed from the quantum mechanics of time travel to the past.  In the end, I gave up on a logical scientific explanation, which no one would want to read anyway, and fell back on the New Age beliefs of ley lines
Amazon Buy Link:  http://www.amazon.com/Roman-Phalera-Robbi-Perna/dp/1771277483/ref=sr_1_1_twi_pap_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443366384&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Roman+Phalera

8 Comments to The Roman Phalera Print Version:

Comments RSS
custom writing service reviews on Friday, May 04, 2018 2:19 AM
The print version and including opportunity to resume the services as well for writing fiction and question author. Answering that question for more and better objectives for remarked different experience as well.
Reply to comment

top celebrity jackets on Wednesday, May 09, 2018 2:38 AM
Wonderful storyline and all the women out there must read this story at least once. Because this is a truly beautiful story and it will give courage to a lot of the women to fight with their circumstances.
Reply to comment

assignment help on Saturday, May 12, 2018 4:40 AM
Do you guys work for waste management or a related business? I would love to learn more about industrial waste management for my college assignment.
Reply to comment

Lina Hernandez on Tuesday, July 17, 2018 5:23 PM
For a limited time we have lowered the rate on targeted website traffic. We have visitors from virtually every country on Earth. Each visitor is targeted by both country and keywords that you submit when you start your free trial period. If you need more visitors or product sales try our service free for seven days and we will send you 500 free visitors during the trial. There are no contracts and if you cancel during the trial period you will not be charged anything! Start your trial today: http://stpicks.com/2rusd Unsubscribe here: http://stpicks.com/2ruse
Reply to comment

Fred Barna on Friday, August 03, 2018 11:28 AM
For a limited time we have lowered the rate on targeted website traffic. We have visitors from virtually every country on Earth. Each visitor is targeted by both country and keywords that you submit when you start your free trial period. If you need more visitors or product sales try our service free for seven days and we will send you 500 free visitors during the trial. There are no contracts and if you cancel during the trial period you will not be charged anything! Start your trial today: http://insl.co/11 Unsubscribe here: http://stpicks.com/2ruse
Reply to comment

loemrntdherid1 on Sunday, August 19, 2018 9:53 PM
I daily watch your website because it helps me in my many works and it is very beneficial for me because it gives the work a professional touch that is really an amazing thing.
Reply to comment